Thursday, April 12, 2012

Surprise! Awkward and Awesome!

I always try to think of new titles...I'm running low.



scarf: Free Trade t: Aerie jacket: UO jeans: Nordstrom bag: Nordstrom boots: DSW necklace: Invisible Children


Awkward: 
 Hiding my geek-ness as I listen to some kids in class complain about figuring out their class schedules for the next three years. I may or may not have post-it notes that have all the classes I needed to take and how many credit hours their worth. I may or may not have spent hours tweaking their order and smiling gleefully. I may or may not have come this close to suggesting they do the same. Come on, Jenni, don't show that side of you to people you barely know, it's just embarrassing. 
A professor who actually stated, "You wont get to first base without the proper tone." Must. Hide. Giggles. Must. Hide. Giggles. 
Boys who sleep in our lobby. I'm sorry, but why? You live here, just 100 meters away, go over there. Our couches are not that comfortable.
The arguments I've gotten into with our air conditioning in the past week. I have trouble turning on the air in 80 degree weather, so I have strong aversions to the cold blasts that erupt periodically. Then I yell. At first, KP (my room mate) seemed concerned, but now she kind of just ignores me, she's used to it. I'm not sure which is worse..
 
Awesome:
 Easter break came..and went. But it was lovely. 
 A friend of mine, Erin (she's fabulous- and I do not use the word "fabulous" lightly) invited me to come back to Uganda next summer (2013). Oh man, I'm considering it. We would be working with kids in Northern Uganda, ahh! OK, must focus on this summer first..
My cousin asking if I would speak to her Social Studies class after I get back from Uganda. I've always wanted to be a show-and-tell. 
We got an apartment! Two very sweet girls who I have never met offered to take in three very-homeless girls. Next semester we have a kitchen! And the kitchen has a sink! And we have new friends! (Hoping on that last one.)
Remember my post-it note planning from up there? Well in a few minutes I get to put it into action and register for my classes.  If I ever said "Boo-yah!" this would be a place I would use the phrase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment