Thursday, November 3, 2011

Awesome and Awkward

Jeans: Nordstrom Tank: Aerie Sweater: Modcloth Scarf: F21

It was far too blustery today for my cold and I to venture outside for pictures ^. 

In my very favorite blog, The Daybook, Sydney (the author of said blog) does "Awesome and Awkward Thursdays." I love them, they're so entertaining and so I thought I'd try my hand at one and possibly make it a regular thing. (Golly, hope she doesn't have it copywrited or anything..I googled it, we're all good.)
So here we go!

Awkward
Wearing my old fleece, pink earwarmer from fourth grade on my way to the shower (my ear hurt, don't judge) and two girls looking at me very curiously. "Yep, I feel it necessary to keep my ears warm while I shower..." (For the record I did remove it before I actually got into the shower).
The mosquito-flying-spider-hybrid who landed in my shower. I'd prefer it if you averted your eyes, sir Hybrid-Bug. 
Having fun running back and forth on the metra until Ethan says, "you know that there are other people in this car, right?" Well I did, but it didn't occur to me that they would mind all that much.
 Offering the washing machine I was using to another girl before I finished removing my clothes, "uhh, you left something.."
Awesome:
Eating at Nordstrom's bistro with my Mom on Monday. Nordstrom has the very best food. If you havn't yet tried it, you will be very happy when you do. 
 Washing all my socks last night so that my sock drawer hardly closes! I have a strange likeness of socks, especially the pretty-colored ones.
Lunch with my RA, Meghan today. She's so sweet and cute and kind and all sorts of other wonderful things. You should hear about her family's Thanksgiving traditions, straight out of a picture book!
My morning class being cancelled without any online assignments! Slept till ten! Ten! 
My lovely friend Calla sending me this quote, it's so beautiful:
"May God bless you with discomfort at easy answers, half truths and superficial relationships so that you may live deep within your heart. May God bless you with anger at injustice, oppression and exploitation of people so that you may work for justice, freedom and peace. May God bless you with tears to shed for those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation and war so that you may reach out your hand to comfort them and to turn their pain into joy. And may God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you can make a difference in this world, so that you can do what others claim cannot be done." -A Franciscan Benediction

No comments:

Post a Comment