Thursday, November 10, 2011

Who Wants Some Pretty Things?








My dear friend Julianne makes these adorable headbands and hair pins- they're called Creations with a Cause. All proceeds go to Invisible Children to end the longest running war in Africa and save abducted child soldiers. They are only Five dollars a set (what a deal!), oh-so-cute and a great cause. 
Wouldn't you like one? Go on over HERE and get yourself one. Oh and you'll be saving lives with Invisible Children at the same time, serious win-win.
They come in a variety of colors and styles, handmade just to your tastes!


And now for our regularly scheduled programming, Awkward and Awesome Thursday.

Awkward:
Walking through Toledo, Ohio. Apparently there are no other women who live in Toledo, not one. 
My voice this past weekend, it sounded rather like the cookie monster. Silly sore throats. 
The fellow of rather short stature who called me "baby." I'm about a foot taller than you, sir and I've never seen you before, how would I be considered "baby?"
Leaving a voice mail while someone calls at the same time, that should-I-finish-the-message/ where-is-that-beeping-coming-from jumble of words that is now recorded in someone's cellular mailbox.

Awesome: 
My new scarf, it's warm and cozy and followed me around the store with puppy-dog eyes, I had to bring her home. 

 Getting lunch with friends! 
Meeting my  friend Julianne in Ohio yesterday! She leaves for England in less than two weeks. (I love to say she's going to England, look at my friends: world travelers!)
Peppermint ice cream in the Dining Commons- I never eat DC dessert, today I had it twice. Yipes.  
The snow, although I'm not sure he yet deserves to be in the Awesome category, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because my new scarf is keeping me so warm. But watch it, Mr. Snow, you make me slip and fall and you're going straight to the Awkward category. 
 Those lovely Creations with a Cause from before, I can't wait for mine to come in the mail!
  

1 comment:

  1. Julianne is coming in 2 days!!!!!! Yes, I'm reading through your blog :) and you post more than I do! I can't wait to see you when I get back!

    ReplyDelete