Monday, January 2, 2012

Kisses From Katie



There are some things that you all should know.
I am leaving for Uganda in May.
I'll be gone for a month.
A year and a half from when I land in the States, I'll be going back to Uganda, to student teach.
I'll be gone for 11 weeks.
And about 6 months after I land in the states, I'll be going back to Uganda again. To live.

As soon as this book Kisses from Katie hit the bookshelves in October people started telling me to read it. "It reminded me of you," they would say, and the book looked great, it was on my Christmas break book list. So I'm reading it. All those people who told me "it reminded me of you" were under-exaggerating. In fact, this book is so prophetic of my life to come that sometimes I cannot read much, it's almost scary, like I'm receiving a letter from future me.

Katie and I have one difference though, only one that I can see. She went there not knowing what she was supposed to do, only that she was supposed to go, and I have an idea of what I'm supposed to do. My idea meant that I needed a college degree.
My goal is to start the first Special Education program in Central Africa.

Well, now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment