Thursday, February 9, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Awesome: 
 My Mom coming for a visit and taking Kristen (my room mate) and I out to dinner. Outback, no less. The awesomeness embodied in this evening is...well just great. 
The glorious sunlight we've been getting around here lately. It's cliche and everyone has said it, but 50 degrees in a Michigan winter? I'll happily take that. In fact I'll take that and return to ask, "more, sir?"
 Getting to have a nice long talk with my Mentor and former professor, Dr. Ingles. She's amazing, so wise and so encouraging. I have the most fun talking to her. 
Kristen and I discovering Despicable Me clips on Youtube. We have watched this one  about a hundred times and we have "It's so fluffy I'm gonna DIE" written on our whiteboard. We're renting the movie this weekend. 
Quotes I've underlined from the book I'm reading for my class on social justice (Generous Justice by Tim Keller). I won't make you read them all (might take a while), but here is just one:                                                                                                                                      "An encounter with Grace inevitably leads to a life of Justice." 
Awkward:
Someone grabbing my boot (while still on my foot) to check out the design on the calf and the heel.
 Pretending to be OCD for a murder mystery. For a while I think people really thought I felt the need to fix their napkins every 30 seconds. 
 Sorry, guess this week just wasn't that awkward..

1 comment:

  1. How nice for you to be able to spend time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete