Tuesday, February 28, 2012

11 Blessings, Counted




Today I need to write a paper for a scholarship. It's half way done, but I was supposed to write it a month ago..about that.
However, Hulu and writing to you guys seem to have taken priority. How are you today?
In my attempt to not to homework, I thought I'd tell you of 11 things that are wonderful. Perhaps I've been playing Bing Crosby in my head due to the snow, but here are 11 blessings:
1. My last night class was cut from 2 hours to half an hour
2. My class today was cancelled, giving me more time to procrastinate with my paper                                     (I'll stop with the classes now)
3.  Tomorrow is Focus Day. It's a day that all classes are cancelled so that students can attend a variety of seminars on one particular subject and how it effects our lives. This year is about Modern Day Slavery, which is a total passion of mine. I'm attending every seminar I can manage. 
4. Ethan's coming to Focus!
5. My hair is growing. We had a conversation, and he promises to continue to do so. It's quite exciting
6. Only 5 days left of classes until Spring Break.
7.  A Professor who has been to Uganda about 15 times and gave me lots of suggestions for foods I have to try while I'm there this summer. 
8. Chapel band.
9. This incredible book I'm reading for my Social Justice Class, it's called There are No Children Here by Alex Kotlowitz. It's a true story about two young boys growing up in Chicago's Projects during the 80s. It's an incredible book (I may have repeated myself there..it's worth repeating- incredible book).
10. Learning about Uganda this summer. I get so excited when I think about it. 
11. Thursday I get to sign up for my Cross Cultural Trip- a three week international trip required by the school. I. am. so. jazzed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment