Thursday, March 8, 2012

Awkward and Awesome!





Shirt: c/o CAbi  Jeans: Nordstrom  Boots: Steve Madden  Bracelet: Invisible Children 



Awkward:
 Waving and smiling at someone across the hall as you run into a large potted plant. "Oh yeah, just really enjoy foliage, don't mind me."
Hitting my head on four objects in 24 hours: the fouton, the floor, a dresser and my bed. My brain was just plain certain I was nine inches shorter than I am. He's still not positive of my actual height.
Walking into work to hear my boss say, "What are you doing here?" Come to find the girl whose shift I was taking showed up too! After her talking to the boss for about 5 minutes she had to stay and work her own shift. Poor the her. Awkward the me. 
Walking into the lobby of my dorm and hearing a guy say, "Are those hunter boots?!" I look up and he and his lady friend are both just staring at my footwear, "Why, yes, yes they are." 

Awesome:
I have successfully remembered to water my daisies everyday for a week now. I believe this is good news for any future children I might have, I will not forget your nutritional needs. I may forget to buy your favorite cookies, but only if they don't line up with my favorite cookies.
Today is Happy Women's Day. That sounds like a good day for chocolate, doesn't it? 
Getting to go home for Spring Break yesterday. Spring Break doesn't actually start until tomorrow. Yippee! 
The true awesome, the best awesome, the awesome that will cover an entire year of awesome: How God is using the Kony2012 Movement. It's incredible. It's gone positively viral. We were hoping for 500,000 views for the entire year, in these past 4 days we've gotten over 50 million. Stop Kony is everywhere, his face is on everything. God took this and just ran with it. It's incredible. If you have yet to see the video, here it is, and if you have any questions, I'm planning to post FAQs from Kony2012 within the next few days. Stay tuned.                                                                                          

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen! I just popped over to the Cabi store to take a peek and ya know... they really need to use your photos to sell their merchandise. Their stock photos feel very 2002 to me and the photos of you actually -wearing- the clothes totally sold me more than any of the models on the website, who coincidentally look as if they're displaying the clothes more than actually wearing them. So. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete